The Bible tends to describe God’s Love deeper than the oceans and His Presence is everywhere. On our quest of Bible Verses about Oceans, we look at a brief history of oceans and what the Bible says about oceans.
I will explain the revelation of the Holy Spirit concerning Ocean, personal experience and lots of Bible Verses about Ocean and the Ocean waves.
What is an Ocean?
Ocean is a large body of water that covers about 72% of the earth surface, an ocean is the world’s major conventional divisions which comprises of the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Antarctic and Arctic Oceans.
His Love is Deeper than the Ocean Bible Verses
The comparing of God’s Love to Oceans and His presence is everywhere in a bid to describe the Love of God has been used by many preachers and believers alike.
it is noteworthy that the depth of the Ocean is over 13,000 feet while the width is over 361,000 feet. In describing the Love of God to the knowledge of man, The Bible compare the Love of God to the depth of the Ocean in various Bible Verses.
A view of the beauty of the Ocean and its inhabitants is a reason to thank God of the beauty of creation, habitation for numerous food and the Magnitude of His Love.
What does the Bible say about Oceans?
The author of the Book of Psalm dwell much in the analogy of God’s power with the Ocean and this verse he called out to the creature of the depth of the Ocean to Praise the Lord. We will see more Bible Verses about Oceans from the book of Psalm.
Bible Verse about Oceans
- Psalm 148:7 (NIV) “Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars,”
- Job 28:12-14 (CSB) “But where can wisdom be found, and where is understanding located? No one can know its value, since it cannot be found in the land of the living. The ocean depths say, “It’s not in me,” while the sea declares, “I don’t have it.”‘
- Psalm 104:25 -26 (CEV) “But what about the ocean so big and wide? It is alive with creatures, large and small. And there are the ships, as well as Leviathan, the monster you created to splash in the sea”.
- Genesis 1:21-22 (CEV) “So God made the giant sea monsters and all the living creatures that swim in the ocean. He also made every kind of bird. God looked at what he had done, and it was good. Then he gave the living creatures his blessing–he told the ocean creatures to increase and live everywhere in the ocean and the birds to increase everywhere on earth.”
- Genesis 1:9 (CEV) “God said, “I command the water under the sky to come together in one place, so there will be dry ground.” And that’s what happened. God named the dry ground “Land,” and he named the water “Ocean.” God looked at what he had done and saw that it was good.”
- Isaiah 40:11-12 (CEV) “The LORD cares for his nation, just as shepherds care for their flocks. He carries the lambs in his arms, while gently leading the mother sheep. Did any of you measure the ocean by yourself or stretch out the sky with your own hands? Did you put the soil of the earth in a bucket or weigh the hills and mountains on balance scales?”
- Psalm 93:4-5 (GNT) “The LORD rules supreme in heaven, greater than the roar of the ocean, more powerful than the waves of the sea. Your laws are eternal, LORD, and your Temple is holy indeed, forever and ever.’
- Psalm 33:6-8 (GNT) “The LORD created the heavens by his command, the sun, moon, and stars by his spoken word. He gathered all the seas into one place; he shut up the ocean depths in storerooms. Worship the LORD, all the earth! Honor him, all peoples of the world!”
- Ecclesiastes 1:7-8 (BSB) “All the rivers flow into the sea, yet the sea is never full; to the place from which the streams come, there again they flow. All things are wearisome, more than one can describe; the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear content with hearing.”
- Psalm 95:5-6 (CEV) “The ocean is the Lord’s because he made it, and with his own hands he formed the dry land. Bow down and worship the LORD our Creator!”.
- Genesis 1:26 (ISV) “Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, to be like us. Let them be masters over the fish in the ocean, the birds that fly, the livestock, everything that crawls on the earth, and over the earth itself!””
- Psalm 65:5-7 (NLT) “You formed the mountains by your power and armed yourself with mighty strength. You quieted the raging oceans with their pounding waves and silenced the shouting of the nations”
- Psalm 98:5-7 (CEV) “Make music for him on harps. Play beautiful melodies!. Sound the trumpets and horns and celebrate with joyful songs for our LORD and King! Command the ocean to roar with all its creatures, and the earth to shout with all its people.”
- Jeremiah 31:35-36 (CEV) “I am the LORD All-Powerful. I command the sun to give light each day, the moon and stars to shine at night, and ocean waves to roar.I will never forget to give those commands, and I will never let Israel stop being a nation. I, the LORD, have spoken “
- Job 38:6-7 (CEV) “When the ocean was born, I set its boundaries. while morning stars sang, and angels rejoiced?”
- Psalm 95:5-6 (CEV) “The ocean is the Lord’s because he made it, and with his own hands he formed the dry land. Bow down and worship the LORD our Creator!”
Bible Verses About Oceans Waves
The Bible Verses about Ocean Waves describes the power of God through the Holy Spirit in form of the Ocean Wave, that crushes the enemy according to David in the book of Psalm.
Any one who have been on the Ocean or the beach have noticed the power and calmness of the wave. JONATHAN EMBER on his article titled ‘The experience of Waves‘ acknowledge that There are deep experiences as the oceans with God which the most “seasoned” Christian have not experience, but the more we seek him, the more we find him. here are some Bible Verses about Oceans waves:
- Jeremiah 51:55-56 (CEV) “The shouts of the enemy, like crashing ocean waves, will drown out Babylon’s cries as I level the city. An enemy will attack and destroy Babylon. Its soldiers will be captured and their weapons broken, because I am a God who takes revenge against nations for what they do.”
- Matthew 8:25-27 (GNT) “Everyone was amazed. “What kind of man is this?” they said. “Even the winds and the waves obey him!””
- Jude 1:12-13 (NKJV) “These are spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about by the winds; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots; raging waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.”
- Psalm 65:5-7 (NLT) “You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds, O God our savior. You are the hope of everyone on earth, even those who sail on distant seas. You formed the mountains by your power and armed yourself with mighty strength. You quieted the raging oceans with their pounding waves and silenced the shouting of the nations.”
- Psalm 89:9 (NLT) “O LORD God of Heaven’s Armies! Where is there anyone as mighty as you, O LORD? You are entirely faithful. You rule the oceans. You subdue their storm-tossed waves.”
- Psalm 107:25 (KJV) “For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.’
- Isaiah 51:15 (NLT) “For I am the LORD your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the LORD of Heaven’s Armies.”
- Psalm 46:2-3 (CEV) “And so, we won’t be afraid! Let the earth tremble and the mountains tumble into the deepest sea. Let the ocean roar and foam, and its raging waves shake the mountains.
- Psalm 146:5-6 (ISV) “Happy is the one whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God, maker of heaven and earth, the seas and everything in them, forever the guardian of truth,”
- Psalm 89:8-9 (NLT) ” O LORD God of Heaven’s Armies! Where is there anyone as mighty as you, O LORD? You are entirely faithful.You rule the oceans. You subdue their storm-tossed waves.”
- Micah 7:19-20 (NLT) “Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean! You will show us your faithfulness and unfailing love as you promised to our ancestors Abraham and Jacob long ago.”
- Psalm 8:6-8 (ISV) “You gave him dominion over the work of your hands, you put all things under his feet: Sheep and cattle—all of them, wild creatures of the field, birds in the sky, fish in the sea— whatever moves through the currents of the oceans.”
- Zechariah 14:8 (ESV) “On that day living waters shall flow out from Jerusalem, half of them to the eastern sea and half of them to the western sea. It shall continue in summer as in winter.”
- Isaiah 43:2 (NASB) “”When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.”
- Job 37:9-13 (CSB) “The windstorm comes from its chamber, and the cold from the driving north winds. Ice is formed by the breath of God, and watery expanses are frozen. He saturates clouds with moisture; he scatters his lightning through them. They swirl about, turning round and round at his direction, accomplishing everything he commands them over the surface of the inhabited world. He causes this to happen for punishment, for his land, or for his faithful love.”
- Micah 7:19 (NLT) “Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean!”
- Matthew 8:25-27 (AKJV) “And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. And he said to them, Why are you fearful, O you of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. But the men marveled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!”
- Amos 9:6 (CEV) “He built his palace in the heavens and let its foundations rest on the earth. He scoops up the ocean and empties it on the earth. His name is the LORD”
- Habakkuk 2:14 (ERV) “For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.”
- Revelation 21:1 (WEB) “I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth have passed away, and the sea is no more.”
- Ecclesiastes 11:3 (WEB) “If the clouds are full of rain, they empty themselves on the earth; and if a tree falls toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falls, there shall it be.”
- James 1:6 (CEV) “But when you ask for something, you must have faith and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like an ocean wave tossed around in a storm.”
- Deuteronomy 30:11-13 (GNT) “The command that I am giving you today is not too difficult or beyond your reach. It is not up in the sky. You do not have to ask, ‘Who will go up and bring it down for us, so that we can hear it and obey it?’ Nor is it on the other side of the ocean. You do not have to ask, ‘Who will go across the ocean and bring it to us, so that we may hear it and obey it?'”
- Isaiah 40:12-14 (GNT) “Can anyone measure the ocean by handfuls or measure the sky with his hands? Can anyone hold the soil of the earth in a cup or weigh the mountains and hills on scales? Can anyone tell the LORD what to do? Who can teach him or give him advice? With whom does God consult in order to know and understand and to learn how things should be done?”